I'm currently located in Austin, Texas, employed as a front-end developer for IBM Design. A link to my resume and professional work samples are available upon request. I can be found on Github, LinkedIn, and Irc.
This is a non-exhaustive list of web libraries I enjoy working with:
- Build Tools: Gulp, Make, Scripts, Grunt
- Baseline Styling: Reset.css
- CSS Processors: Sass, Autoprefixer
- Grids: Foundation Grid, Ingrid
- Markup: Haml, YAML, Markdown, Html, Xml
- Templating: Swig, Mustache, Handlebars
- Routing: Grapnel.js
- Storage: simpleStorage, Cookies
- DOM: Zepto, $dom, jQuery
- MV*: Mmvp.js, Angular.js
- SVG: Raphael.js
- Prototyping: Pencil and Paper, Framer.js
- Version Control: Git, Svn, Hg
Views on Development
Favor small de-coupled orthogonal libraries over frameworks. There's not a plugin for everything.
Don't trust anyone to do development who doesn't have a solid handle on at least one scripting language.
Usually 'complexity' means an unwillingness to explain.
Linux and Software
I got started with Gentoo Linux when I was about 11. Consequently, I'm a bit of a nerd as I've continued to use linux, script, and hack all my life aside my front-end and creative career.
I have aspirations that one day I will create and distribute my own DE. Until then, here's my computing environment of choice:
- Window Mangers: i3, foo wm
- Launcher: dmenu, lunch
- Browsers: surf, chromium, firefox
- Filemanager: ranger
- Editor: vim
- Terminal Multiplexing: dtach + dvtm
- Graphics: sxiv, gimp, photoshop (vm'd)
- Media: mplayer, pianobar, youtube-viewer, piply
- Misc: sselp, compton
- Programming: c
- Shell: fish
- Os Stack: arch linux, syslinux, systemd
I've been playing bass for a long time, and more recently I've taken up interest in music production. Here's a sampler of 2 tracks off my upcoming mixtape of 30-second shorts to be released in some upcoming month:
These are the albums that've changed my life, I hope you'll listen and they'll change yours.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Kid Koala
- Demolition Pumkin Squeeze Musik - Dj Qbert
- Donuts - J Dilla
- Duck Season Vol. 1 & 2 - Dj Babu
- Endtroducing - Dj Shadow
- Era Correct - Dj Greyboy
- Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
- Make the Road by Walking - Menahan Street Band
- One Word Extinguisher - Prefuse 73
- Paul's Boutique - Beastie Boys
- Plux Quba - Nuno Canavarro
- The Lonesome Crowded West - Modest Mouse
There are no facts, only interpretations.
Nothing is so diffucult as not deceiving oneself.
One always has exaggerated ideas about what one doesn't know.
The only principle that does not inhibit progress is:
Without a constant misuse of language, there cannot be any discovery, any progress.
I swear to you gentlemen, that to be overly conscious is a sickness, a real thorough sickness.